Google is still one of the best channels to focus on to drive traffic and revenue to your business. Organic search results still drive the most qualified audiences of any channel and paid search is usually the second best option for companies to make money online. Additionally, Google also owns Youtube which is another channel to get traffic from. Once you get the eyeballs from Google’s properties, you then have to monetize those eyeballs. This article is going to talk about the best ways to monetize your audience online after finding them on Google properties.
Update: For those that don’t know how to get traffic from Google, we created a step by step course to grow revenue online.
Best Ways to Make Money Online With Google
Affiliate marketing is another easy way to monetize your site. With affiliate marketing, you are simply recommending products that are created by others and collecting a commission or referral fee for your recommendation. Just like banner ads, you will need traffic to your site. However, you may not need as much traffic with affiliate marketing depending on the engagement of your audience and the price point of the products you are recommending.
The key to affiliate marketing is offering value to your readers and recommending quality products that are relevant to your readers needs. In most cases, the most successful affiliate marketers focus on products that they have actually tried before and had success with.
If you know of products that are useful to your audience, try searching their website or looking in the footer of their website to see if they have a link to an Affiliate program. You can also try searching google for their Affiliate program as well.
Putting up banners ads is one of the easiest and most popular methods of monetizing a site. For this to be an effective strategy, you need a very large amount of traffic to your site and if you do not have a lot of traffic, I would not rely solely on banner ads.
If you decide to pursue banner ads, Google Adsense is probably the best choice since it is easy to implement, is supported by many WordPress plugins, and it provides ads that are relevant to your blog, increasing the likelihood for someone to click on the ads.
It also makes a lot of sense to sign up for Google Adsense because an Adsense account is needed to monetize a Youtube account and Youtube is the second largest search engine in the country which just happens to be owned by Google too.
E-commerce refers to buying and selling your products and/or services online. The term is pretty broad and encompasses everything from direct to consumer, drop shipping, wholesale, crowdfunding, services and more. We have had a lot of success with e-commerce on the Black Health & Wealth site and will continue to add products.
E-commerce has been growing rapidly over the years and according to Statista:
There are expected to be nearly 2B digital buyers in the world in 2019.
The number of digital buyers worldwide is expected to reach 1.92 billion in 2019, accounting for a quarter of the world population. This number was at 1.32 billion in 2014 and is estimated to reach 2.14 billion by 2021. Reasons like convenience and cost-savings are prompting people to adapt e-commerce, while factors like faster Internet speeds and cheaper devices are facilitating this process.
The total value of global retail e-commerce sales will reach $3.45T in 2019.
E-commerce growth statistics show a steady rise in global retail e-commerce sales by the year, with the total value rising from $1.34 trillion in 2014 to $2.84 trillion in 2018. This is expected to cross $4 trillion by 2020 and reach $4.88 trillion in 2021.
If you have a local business, prospective customers are searching online before spending money with a company. In fact, here are some statistics that show the importance of managing your online presence:
Local consumers rely on the internet
- 97% of consumers use internet when researching local products/services (BIA/Kelsey)
- 54 percent of Americans have substituted the Internet and local search for phone books (comScore)
More users = more searches = more potential customers!
- 140 billion local searches (on desktop & mobile) expected in 2014 (BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) Survey, Wave 16, November 2012)
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011)
Having a website is essential, but it’s just a start
- 36% of respondents say that a clear & smart website gives a local business more credibility (BrightLocal Local business websites survey, January 2014)
- 32% of consumers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a website (BrightLocal Local business websites survey, January 2014)
It’s crucial to be visible & prominent on the web
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the results they get.
Your Reputation Matters!
- 88% of consumers consult online reviews before they purchase local services (BrightLocal , Local Consumer Review Survey 2014)
Consumers trust what they read online
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (BrightLocal , Local Consumer Review Survey 2014)
Consumers make quick decisions about who to use
- 77% of smart phone users contact a business after looking for local Information (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011)
- 59% of mobile users who look for local information visit the business on same day (Source: The Mobile Movement Study, Google/Ipsos OTX MediaCT , Apr 2011)
Even your existing customers are looking for you online
- No 1 reason for doing an online search is to find the location for a ‘known’ business (comScore, Neustar Localeze, 15 Miles – Local Search Study 2014)
- 72 percent of SMBs are using social media to promote their businesses (BIA/Kelsey Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) Survey Q3, 2013)
- Seven out of ten consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site (comScore Networks/TMP Directional Marketing)
Consulting or Coaching
If you have expertise and/or passion in an area that has a lot of demand, you can translate your skills into coaching clients online. Many people offer both group coaching and one on one coaching to generate revenue online. For example, life coach Kim Blount started Real Life True You coaching services after decades working for the US government.
Have you had any success online? Do you have any questions about get starting online? What’s holding you back? Send us a message in the chat (bottom right corner of your screen) or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Do You Have to Lose? Get Started Now...We are a community focused on spreading knowledge on wealth building and health improvement for the purposes of personal and professional development.
More Posts On Generating Income
https://youtu.be/aB8XGnfjqPQ Get your online blueprint together and grow your business today. Get free game below. Free Online Marketing Training for…
https://youtu.be/S9U6stTKEtA What’s your plan now that the Instagram and Facebook algorithms are not showing your posts to your followers? Learn…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWRb9ktoJw Black female entrepreneurs are the fastest growing segment of entrepreneurs in the country. Despite that fact, and despite the…
This morning I was doing keyword research on topics regarding making money online so that I could create content for…
A lot of Black Health & Wealth subscribers have been emailing me saying that they are interested in starting a…
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Ways to Make Money Online With Google
- 1.1 Affiliate Marketing
- 1.2 Ads
- 1.3 E-commerce
- 1.4 Local Business
- 1.4.1 Local consumers rely on the internet
- 1.4.2 More users = more searches = more potential customers!
- 1.4.3 Having a website is essential, but it’s just a start
- 1.4.4 It’s crucial to be visible & prominent on the web
- 1.4.5 Your Reputation Matters!
- 1.4.6 Consumers trust what they read online
- 1.4.7 Consumers make quick decisions about who to use
- 1.4.8 Even your existing customers are looking for you online
- 1.4.9 Your customers are social & so are your competitors
- 1.5 Consulting or Coaching
- 2 Thoughts?
- 3 More Posts On Generating Income
- 3.0.1 Entrepreneurs Listen Up! People Are Finally Ready to Buy New Brands Online
- 3.0.2 Is Instagram DEAD After the Latest Algorithm Update? How to Survive Long Term.
- 3.0.3 Black Women Entrepreneurs Are Being Rejected by Silicon Valley
- 3.0.4 Websites Where Men Give You Money 👀👀👀…Really?
- 3.0.5 How to Use Google to Generate Passive Income Online