On this episode of the Black Excellence Podcast, Nana Adu-Adjei joins us to talk about driving revenue for a retail brand. Nana has vast expertise in Retail Merchandising, Fashion Buying, and Private Label Buying.
Please Subscribe, Rate, and Review the Podcast
In This Episode of Black Excellence, We Discuss:
- How Nana got into merchandising and working with Foot Locker
- What it is like working for Foot Locker corporate. He’s been there for 10 years which is rare for Millennials!
Fashion Buying and Fashion Merchandising
- What exactly does someone in Retail or Fashion Merchandising do?
- How you can become a retail merchandiser
- How you can become a fashion buyer.
- How difficult it is to become a fashion buyer
- The benefits of retailers going to trade shows
- The benefits of brands buying booths at the shows
Air BNB and Vacation Rental Properties
- How Nana got involved in Vacation Rentals
- What its like running a successful business with friends
- The websites to post vacation rentals on to get bookings
- The best way to get started with investing in an Air BNB or vacation rental property
Resources Discussed in This Podcast
Retail Math Course – Essential for people looking to open a store, work in retail merchandising, become a fashion buyer, or master the private label industry
NACA.com – An organization that allows you to purchase a home using a very low interest rate and no down-payment. You still have to pay certain expenses for the house when you buy it though